Monday, December 17, 2012

Marsala Chicken & Mushroom Casserole!

I found this recipe on Rachael Ray's website. My family loved it, so it is definitely a keeper!

To be honest, I haven't really made many of Rachael Ray's recipes. I feel that some of them have too many ingredients or ingredients that I don't want to buy to use only one time.

Fortunately, I had everything on hand for this recipe but in true Cindi fashion, I changed it up a bit. Her recipe includes rice. My daughter is not a rice fan so I substituted cooked linguine. Click here to go to the original recipe which includes the rice.

Okay, I just realized the picture doesn't look that appetizing but trust me, the flavor is delish!


Marsala Chicken and Mushroom Casserole

Ingredients: 
2 tablespoons butter 
15 ounces sliced mushrooms 
1 1/2 tablespoons flour 
1 1/2 cups Marsala wine
1 1/2 cups heavy cream 
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Salt and pepper 
3/4 lb. (pre-cooked weight) cooked linguine
2 cups coarsely chopped rotisserie chicken 
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
~Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat until just melted. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour on top and stir in for 1 minute. Stir in the Marsala and cream and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes or so. Stir in the parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. 
~In a greased 9-inch-by-13-inch casserole, spread the linguine in an even layer; top with the chicken. Pour the mushroom gravy on top. Cover snugly with foil and bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Discard the foil, sprinkle the Parmesan on top and bake for 5 minutes more.

Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails